Thursday, January 21, 2010

A Facebook invite?

After you decide to get married, you set a date, decide who you want to invite, pick a venue that is suitable for the size of group, style and budget... then you send out some invitations.

Yes, this is a very simplified description, but it ended at my point... sending out invitations.

I was checking facebook as usual the other day when I came across the fact that one of my friends had accepted an invitation to someone's wedding... by Facebook; my friend will be attending Susie and Johnny's wedding. (names have been changed to protect the not so innocent)

While I do understand that we now live in a digital world and people do most things on their computers, Blackberry's and iPhone's, but when is it too much.  I have my opinions, mostly that some things deserve more than a Facebook invite, do some people really not agree and think that it's a great way to save some money?  I understand RSVP'ing by email.  Maybe even creating a Facebook page after the fact to share photos and share best wishes with the couple, but inviting people that way doesn't seem right.

What are your thoughts?  Is anyone in favour of using Facebook?  If so why?  Maybe your story can sway my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment