Monday, February 22, 2010

At the Manor

So much to do!  I can't belive how busy life is these days, time is just flying by!

I am making time is my crazy schedule to get out and meet all sorts of talented Ottawa people.

My first wedding show this year was a little one at The Keg Manor, also my first time in the location and I was surprised by just how big it is!

The highlights for me were:

Chef Jason Laurin from Essence Catering (definitely at the top of the list) who provided several tasty treats, including an incredible iced wine gelee topped with a raspberry filet and pepper.  After speaking with him for several minutes he had both my mum and I ready to hire him.  After talking about menus, I learned his prices were great too.


Wedecor, another amazing display, has added candy buffets to their list of many services.  I've seen their work before, a good, professional company and they won me over again with their little champagne bubble candies.  The Wedecor team does everything including backdrops, linens, floral design, invitations and lighting.  I will be learning more about them.

The last food related highlight for me was crazyforchocolate.ca.  I love chocolate, but this went beyond just the chocolates to the little boxes that were on display for the favours, beautifully boxed in so many syles and colours.  The best idea for me was all the little boxes, placed into cake form with beautiful ribbons holding each layer in place.  What a great idea!

The last big highlight for me was a little venue called At The School House.  They host receptions and ceremonies for up to 70 people.  The venue offers stand-up style reception packages that include everything including your flowers.  My favourite I think was the brunch reception, what a nice way to spend your day!  The added bonus with this stop for me was to see a portfolio of photos from m photography such beautiful and stylish photos.  I've been following her on Twitter and I hope I get to meet her soon.

I have so many emails to send, and so many people I look forward to dealing with.  Next stop Wed by Hand next weekend at the Courtyard Marriot in the market!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the mention and for following me on Twitter. I would love to meet you as well! WE have a big boudoir marathon coming in April 24th weekend- a very exciting bridal trend that provides an amazing priceless gift to the groom on the big day!
    Let's meet soon!
    www.m-photography.ca
    http://mphotographer.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete