Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A Public appology...

Dear J,

I apologize for correcting you on something that was actually correct while we were at the wedding show.

Sincerely,
J (Trixie Tulip)

... and now for the back story.

My friend J (also not a bride but actively working on research for when her bf does finally propose) and I were cruising around the Landsdowne Wedding Show this weekend.  We passed one of the several jewelry booths and she declared "I'll just get *insert name here* an engagement ring".  I went on to correct her in saying that guys get wedding bands at the wedding not engagement rings... the moral of that statement is that even though I like to think I'm not particularly traditional, I definitely am with some things.

Now a couple days later, browsing the Ottawa Citizen.  I came across this article.

What the article asks is whether or not women are ready to give engagement rings?  I know that there are girls out there who do propose, I'm just not sure it's for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment