Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I call it focused, not obsessed...

Just more of me and my opinion on the drama that is Justina McCaffrey's career these days. I don't mean that in a bad way, it's just amazing what she has been going through and I really do feel bad because I truly believe that she is so creative and good at what she does...

While Ms. McCaffrey is working hard to build back her career, it's unfortunate that every time she does create a new dress, it's reported as a Justina McCaffrey designed dress. Not everyone knows her story and people still think of the little boutique on Sussex; not the woman who put all the work and effort into creating the dress.

When you google Justina McCaffrey, sure her new site comes up first but right after it is the brand that everyone is so familiar with.

Here's what I think, (and I hope Ms. McCaffrey sees this, I would LOVE to help see her beautiful dresses become as famous as they were, with her getting the credit) what Ms. McCaffrey needs is a new brand. Somewhere she can start again. I love the idea of the Phoenix, rising from the ashes to become something new... there's a beautiful constellation named after it, the branding of stars and feathers reminds me of one of those amazing dresses from the fashion show years ago. Again, maybe over stepping my bounds as a complete nobody in the fashion world but she needs new photos of her new dresses. I volunteer my friend and I to come in and do it for her. We are good with our cameras, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment